RECIPE OF THE MONTH
This is the inaugural edition of the recipe of the month. I plan to share a homemade recipe each month varying from “healthy” to “indulgent” because at the end of the day we’re all human! Yes, we need to take care of ourselves, but some indulgence once a week, not only keeps you sane, but is healthy as well. Some call it the 80/20 rule. If you eat well 80% of the time, you can sway your food choices 20% of the time.
I present to you the Anti-Inflammatory Recovery Soup!
This concoction was created on a whim one Saturday after an intense workout I did involving deadlifts, wall balls, rowing and handstand pushups. I happened to have everything on-hand and it turned out well and tasted good too. Check out the links to websites for anti-inflammatory and recovery benefits.
**Keep in mind this recipe makes one big bowl of soup for one person, alter accordingly if planning to make a bigger batch**
Recipe as follows:
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 2-3 cups of beef bone broth (benefits, recipe)
- 1/4 medium to large yellow onion
- tsp red chili flake
- tsp garlic powder
- pinch of seasoned salt
- 1/2 T organic honey (benefits)
- 1 avocado seed (benefits) – [bake seed at 250° for 1 hour, remove outer skin & chop up]
- Bring beef bone broth to boil
- Add everything except spinach, honey and avocado seed and simmer for 15 minutes at medium heat
- Add in honey & spinach, simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve piping hot and garnish with chopped avocado seed
- Can certainly use vegetable stock if vegetarian & use fresh minced garlic if you have on hand.
Let me know what you think!
Yours in Health,